Sunday, August 14, 2011

A Rainbow of Hope

Rainbow from my garage door taken late this afternoon

The skies were cloudy all day until this afternoon when the rain ladened dark clouds finally arrived.  After about twenty minutes of a heavy downpour, the pure light of the sun made its appearance again, albeit through the few remaining rain drops.  As I was sitting at my computer, updating my Find a Grave account with photos of tombstones (a fine activity for a Sunday no?), I thought "I bet there is a rainbow out there!"

I leave my iMac, go to the kitchen and get my iPrecious iPhone to see if I can capture The Moment...a rainbow!

Sure enough, I look out the garage door and there is the pure colorful arc of a perfect rainbow.  I take my iPhone out, switch it to the camera mode and start taking pictures.  These are the pictures you see on this blog posting.  If you look closely you'll see the faint outline of a second rainbow.

All this weekend I've been having flashbacks of earlier memories.  Memories that I haven't had for years.  Memories that I have forgotten about.  It's almost like my life flashing before my eyes.  

I do not feel sad relieving these memories.  In fact, they give me a very warm feeling; a very comforting feeling.  Much like the feeling described by some at their end of life when they see the bright shining light at the end of that tunnel.  

Whatever awaits me, I am at peace.

The arc of the rainbow.





5 comments:

  1. The pot of gold looks like it is really close to your house.
    Gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nadege,

    I used to live in the middle of the woods in Pennsylvania and I missed so many horizon pictures like this. I always get great shots where I live now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. anne marie in philly6:31 PM

    ooooooooooooh, a double! extra good luck for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like peace
    I like rainbows too

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are simpatico Dr. Spo, I too like peace and rainbows.

    ReplyDelete