Tuesday, August 16, 2011

On Hold

My neighbor's lawn service deserts gets caught in the rain


Finally, the summer long heat wave broke yesterday.  The rains came yesterday afternoon.  The guys from Lawns Unlimited who were mowing my neighbor's lawn got caught in the sudden summer afternoon storm.  I don't know where they went but they left all their equipment as the picture above attests.

This morning the temperature is a realistic 73 degrees.  Wonderful!  Bill even put on his old man sweater this morning as he headed out the door.  I don't know where he went (he doesn't have to report in like I do to him) but he is enjoying this rarity, a nice summer day.

I'm off to work today for the next three days.  This Friday I have an appointment at the VA Medical Center in Georgetown for another blood test to recheck my PSA levels.  Everything is sort of on hold since then.

I've been spending most of my time lately updating my Ancestry.com and Find a Grave.com accounts.  This is my way of relaxing.  I love gardening but I just can't work outside in the heat and humidity of the past month or so.  I used to do counted cross stitch and crewel work projects but that was before I got a computer.  Now that I have a computer, I pretty much spend most of my day on my computer.

The first Sunday that doesn't have the threat of rain or heat, we're off to Pennsylvania.  While Bill visits our former home, I'm visiting cemeteries. I have a feeling my life if going to change, just a feeling.

5 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your heat wave broke! You all have been hit hard this year with that. "Old man sweater" that made me laugh out loud. Enjoy the cool and the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pumpkins,

    I'm loving this cooler weather. "Cool" being 80 degrees.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you show us some patterns of your counted cross stitching projects? I'm curious.
    I've learnt this phrase "as the picture above attests". Thanks Ron!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally got some internet access!
    I am glad to hear you are doing well in the mundune. A lovely way to be well, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dr. Spo,
    I'm doing alright, better than I thought I would. Surprising, I didn't think it would be this way.

    ReplyDelete