Saturday, June 11, 2011

Spo Shirt Received!



This afternoon, after I returned from an Aaron Tippen concert in the park I found a U S Parcel Post box awaiting me to open.  Could it be?  Was it the long awaited Spo Shirt?

I told Bill, "I think this is my Spo shirt!" as I rushed to open the box.

I wasn't disappointed.  Squeezed into this rather small box (hmmmm) was my Spo shirt!  I pull it out, it was packed tight.  It was partially stuck to the box with the glue of the sealing strip I got it out without damaging the shirt.  Bill said it was too big for me.  "Naa"  I said.  "It's just right."  And as I slipped it on to my bony frame it felt RIGHT.  I love the texture of the material.  I love the design.  The shirt is perfect.

I go over to the mirror to look.  Something isn't quite right.  I put my right hand up to my pocket and.....what's this?  No pocket?  I look again.  There it is, on the LEFT side.  Well, how about that?

Dr. Spo, I LOVE THE SHIRT.  You are a sweetheart for making it for me.  Thank you very, very much.  Every time I wear this shirt now (which will be often) I will always be reminded of our friendship.

P.S.

I'm just kidding about the pocket.

17 comments:

  1. Ron, you are too funny! m.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the new banner and what a good surprise to see you in the video.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark,
    I thought I would tease Dr. Spo just a bit. I haven't heard from him yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,
    I thought I would tease Dr. Spo just a bit. I haven't heard from him yet. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Nadege. I thought it was time for a new banner. I took that picture this morning at Silver Lake in Rehoboth Beach. I wasn't counting on the fog but it provided me an opportunity for a different kind of picture. Glad you like it. By the way, in the video I was just treading Dr. Spo. The shirt pocket is on the correct side.

    ReplyDelete
  6. anne marie in philly11:23 PM

    I too lerve the new banner pix! mysterious.

    I took a look at one of my husbeast's shirts...the pocket is on the correct side...and YOUR SUNSHINE pocket is over your heart, silly boy! spo did a great job and you look good in color!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne Marie,
    I was just teasing Spo. He put a lot of work into that shirt so I thought I would give him a gentle jerk so to speak. I too think I look good in that color! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely, Ron. A garment to wear with pride, out of a friendship to be treasured. If asked about it, I'm sure you won't fail to proudly declare its origin. (Delete the 'IF'!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ray,
    I love this shirt and I will definitely wear it with pride and, when wearing it, always be reminded of my friendship with Dr. Spo. This will be one of those shirts that I will wear out. I choose the design of this shirt based on one I had when I was 15 years old. I loved that shirt so much that I did wear it out. I never wear shirts out (I have a closet full of them). This one will get plenty of exposure though.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ron, as Fernando Lamas would say: You look MAAAAAHVELOUS!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you tiger!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL I love your great smile at the end of the video :-)
    Congrats on the Spo's shirt.

    PS I've been on Scruff more than reading blogs. Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Tai,

    You're not getting addicted to Scruff are you?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tai,
    Thanks for getting my joke on Dr. Spo. I was just kidding about the pocket being on the wrong side. I haven't heard from Dr. Spo. I hope he doesn't think I was serious. If so, then my joke backfired.

    ReplyDelete
  15. You can't talk into dirty all the time. After that period, it'll become decently talk actually and I stick with these guys.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Spo missed this entry. Do you subscribe each other on Youtube?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Tai,
    I never got into talking dirty. That never did anything for me. I'm too much of a romantic.

    ReplyDelete