Saturday, June 25, 2011

Sometimes Common Sense Prevails

New York State Senator Roy McDonald


Late yesterday the New York State senate approved a bill legalizing same sex marriage.  The bill was one vote short for several days prior to passage last night in the Republican controlled senate.  Republican State Senator Roy McDonald was on the fence as to how to vote for several days.  Finally he made his decision and voted for the bill, thus enabling the passage of the bill plus a few more less courageous Republican senators to hop on the bandwagon of the Inevitable, which is legalizing same sex marriage in this county. 


Look folks, it's going to happen EVENTUALLY.  To those who oppose it, you're going to go down in history looking like George Wallace standing in the school house door preventing blacks from going to an all white school.  


Thus it was refreshing to hear what New York State senator Roy McDonald said after his vote yesterday to the assembled press:

 "You get to the point where you evolve in your life where everything isn't black and white, good and bad, and you try to do the right thing. You might not like that. You might be very cynical about that. Well, fuck it. I don't care what you think. I'm trying to do the right thing. I'm tired of Republican-Democrat politics. They can take the job and shove it. I come from a blue-collar background. I'm trying to do the right thing, and that's where I'm going with this."

Republican News York State Senator Roy McDonald

 Now I'm going to say something I never thought I would say again in my life:

I LIKE THIS REPUBLICAN! 

4 comments:

  1. Love his unabashed candor!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sensible man! I wonder how long he will last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr. Spo,

    He won't last. He will be voted out of office but his conscience is clear because he did the right thing.

    ReplyDelete