Saturday, June 11, 2011

Silent Ganges


Alright folks, I'm staying awhile with Maneesh de Moor.  This is my favorite cut from his album which I mentioned in my previous blog posting.  I didn't know the name of this song until now.  "Silent Ganges", somehow it seems very appropriate.  I am transported when I hear this music.  My soul feels at one when I hear the woman sing.  I do not understand her words but I understand her feeling.

This morning I walked on the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach.  Like this music, I felt totally at one.  So what I'm going to do now is a mini-photo dump of my walk on the boardwalk this morning in the early morning fog.  My suggestion is to turn on the video clip so the music plays while you peruse my photos.  I'm feeling very mellow these days folks.  Very mellow.

The Atlantic Ocean this morning from the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk

The Rehoboth Beach boardwalk early this morning in the fog

The Star of the Sea Hotel on the Rehoboth Beach boardwalk

Dolle's Salt Water Taffy this morning on the boardwalk

One of the many entrances to the beach  from the boardwalk

A pier on Silver Lake, Rehoboth Beach this morning

Leaving Silver Lake this morning in the fog

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic photos. The fog makes the familiar feel very foreign and new.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liberty,

    I took those pictures this morning with my iPhone. I use my iPhone for all of my pictures now. My poor Canon, it's an orphan now. Nice to hear from you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sort of music

    Wow - gray! mist! moisture ! I sometimes forget that sort of thing happens!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron,

    Love these photos. It's amazing what different weather can do to evoke mood in photos. Keep on snapping this quality of shot.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Spo,

    I've always found 'gray and misty' beautiful. Even when I was a little kid and used to watch those old boring English movies on late night TV and the scenes of foggy London. I thought "how cool!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Larry. I started out this morning with the intention of taking some sunrise photos of the beach. Instead I saw 'gray and misty". I still saw beauty and I captured it. You understand because you see the same beauty as I do.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Spo,

    I love 'this sort of music' too. Listening to it relaxes me so much. I never tire of listening to it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Ron,
    Just came across your blog today and enjoy the way you write. Reminds me of where I grew up in Missouri. It wasn't in the Ozarks but a little town in the farming area in Northern Missouri. You express some of the same feelings that I grew up with. I'm 77 and I can relate to what you said about your friends passing on one by one and it's like our days are numbered. Our bodies my say it's so but our mind still thinks "young" to a certain degree.
    I was really taken by the beautiful Clematis in your yard. I live in the desert climite so I doubt if it would grow here. I have good luck with roses, geraniums and begonias. The rabbits and quails eat a lot of the other flowers.
    The fog photos reminded me of the time I lived in Kansas City Mo. During a heavy snow fall I'd go out and walk at night and it sounded so quite with muted sounds of a large city. The only loud sound was the crunching of the snow as I walked. I imagaine the fog more or less does the same thing. I think these events are Natures way of saying slow down and take in the beauty of falling snow and rolling fog. I especially favor the last photo. It appears the pier is the focal
    point as the sun seems to be trying to burn through the fog. The two chairs (or people) at the end of the pier makes your mind conjure up all sorts of scenarios.
    Thanks for your post. I'm sure many, many people enjoyed it...~Don

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don,

    Thank you for your comment. Do you have a blog? I couldn't find anything with "lapper52" Please stay in touch.

    ReplyDelete