Friday, June 24, 2011

New Meme

Bhudda in my new River Birch Tree flower island in my backyard
Time for another meme.  I love memes don't you?  This is the latest one I filled out last Tuesday night during my 3 to 11 pm shifter at work during a slow period.

1. What colour are your socks? 

Tan.  I'm at work and the tan socks go with my tan dockers and brown loafers.  Otherwise I always wear white socks with my Rebook sneakers. 


2. What are you listening to right now?

"Hidden Oasis (Yoga Mix) by David and Steve Gordon on the "Perfect Balance - Musical Healing Volume 2 CD - I'm at work and this is the music that is playing in the hotel.


3. What was the last thing you ate? 

My homemade potato salad - this was my dinner tonight at work.


4. Can you drive a stick shift?

I learned to drive a stick shift in Driver's Ed in high school.  I haven't driven stick shift since. 


5. Last person you spoke to on the phone? 

A lady asking about availability of rooms for this weekend.  I'm at work.  I'm a hotel front desk clerk. 


6. Do you like the person who sent this to you? 

I stole this from Cubby's blog after reading his meme.  Do I like Cubby?  I guess so.  I never met him in person but he always says nice things to me.



7. How old are you today? 

I’m 69 years old.  I know, I know.  I'M OLD. I am out of the main stream of almost all of the bloggers who are in their 40's and early 60's.  Hey, it is what it is.  I don't think old. 



8. What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? 

Lawrence O'Donnel take on a mealy mouth, hypocritical tea-bagger on his TV show "The Last Word." 




9. What is your favorite drink?

Turkey Hill Diet Orange Iced Tea.  I'm not on a diet but their diet orange iced tea has the best flavor ever.  I dilute it half of it with ice water before I drink it.


10. Have you ever dyed your hair? 

About thirty years ago I put in a solution that the sun would cause my normally dark brown hair to bleach in blonde streaks (what was I thinking?)  It was a disaster.  I ended up with orange hair. 


11. Favorite food?

Eggplant Parmesan done properly.  There are as many versions of Eggplant Parmesan as their are cooks.  Crisp on the outside and soft and mushy on the inside with the the slightest taste eggplant bitterness topped with a fresh, chunky tomato sauce.  Ah, heaven.


12. What is the last movie you watched? 

"Inception"  What was that all about?  I couldn't get through but ten minutes of it before I ejected it from my DVD player and shipped it back to Netflix. 


13. Favorite day of the year? 


Summer Solstice (which was yesterday!)


14. How do you vent? 

Very well thank you.  I never hold anything in.  Just ask anyone who knows me.  "There goes Ron again!"


15. What was your favorite toy as a child? 

Paper dolls.  Hey, I'm gay.  



16. What is your favorite season? 

Summer



17. Cherries or Blueberries? 

Cherry pie, the best. I like blueberries too but they stain my teeth and they don't have the "bite" of a good cherry pie.


18. Do you want your friends to e-mail you back?

I don't care.  Some do, some don't.  I've given up on the tit for tat e-mails years ago.  My friends have their own lives and I don't hold them to matching my e-mails one for one.


19. Who is the most likely to respond? 

My friend Larry.  He is the only friend (and longest - we've known each other sixty years) who truly knows me and appreciates my friendship enough not to take me for granted.



20. Who is least likely to respond?

Just about everyone else I know.  Why piss someone off?  They'll just send me an e-mail justifying why they don't respond.  As I said before, I don't care.  I have more important things to worry about.


21. Living situation?

Living in domestic harmony for the past 47 years with my spouse Bill.  We planned to end our life of living in sin by getting married this January at the Georgetown courthouse when the Delaware domestic partner law become effective. 


22. When was the last time you cried? 

Two days ago when I watch the memorial DVD I made for my Mother's funeral. 


23. What is on the floor of your closet right now? 

All of my old jeans that I plan to sell on Ebay someday.  I have never thrown out a pair of jeans in my life.  Those jeans are going to get a whole new life when I sell them.


24. Who is the friend you have had the longest that you are sending to? 

Larry of Claymont, DE.  We've been friends since 3rd grade, sixty years ago.


25. What did you do last night? 

Scanned my photos that I had taken with my friend Larry celebrating his 70th birthday (we posed as two old time western gunslingers) earlier in the day at the Olde Time Photo place in Rehoboth Beach.



26. What are you most afraid of?

Republicans. I am scared to death of the Republicans because their ONLY goal is to eliminate all the social safety net programs from the New Deal to today. I am more afraid of them than I am of the terrorists.  If the Republicans are successful with their agenda of elmininating all government programs then this country is screwed. Life will end as we know it.  Only the very rich will survive.  The rest of us will live in chicken coops.


27. Plain, cheese, or spicy hamburgers?

Spicy with cheese, please. (I am the same as Cubby!)



28. Favorite dog breed? 

Pomeranian (I've had five in my lifetime)

Hamburger and Sparky - 1971

Babydoll, "T" and Horace - 1985


29. Favorite day of the week?

Monday.


30. How many states have you lived in?

Four - Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Massachusetts and Delaware



31. Diamonds or pearls?

Diamonds (absolutely - I'm gay.  Remember?)


32. What is your favorite flower?

Lily of the Valley.


33. What is your current favorite song? 

"Our Day Will Come" by Ruby and the Romantics


34. Read any good books lately? 

"Ava Gardner - Love is Nothing"

2 comments:

  1. When we finally meet, we will have egglant parmasen.
    Proper
    No rubbish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Spo,
    I look forward to that day with great anticipation.

    ReplyDelete