Friday, June 10, 2011

Maneesh de Moor











On those days that I have to go to work at 3 in the afternoon (Wednesdays and Thursdays) I try to always take at least an hour nap before I leave the house at 2:30. The alarm I use is a CD by Maneesh De Moor called "Sadhana". You may never have heard of Maneesh se Moor and I didn't either until last year. I don't remember how I discovered him but what I do know is that his CD totally relaxes me and makes me feel one with the universe.


Click the 'play' button on the video while you read the blurb from the CD album:


Stunning in its sensuality and lush with ethereal and earth rhythms, Sadjhana gathers a circle of musicians from around the globe for ten tracks of ethno-ambient chill/world that serve as an "aphrodisiac for the soul." Here Dutch composer Maneesh de Moor has created an ecstatic blend of Tibetan chanting and didgerido, tamboura and acoustic bass, Persion santoor and pine, and the heavenly voices of Suda and Sandhya Sanjana that will allow listeners to hear their walls dissolve into a joyful awareness of life.


A master of keyboard layering, Maneesh has taken his mastery of sound synthesis and infused it with the sounds of nature-birdsong , flowing water, crickets in a nighttime soundscape-and the human voice-from whispers to deep, baritone chanting-to evoke "Sadjhana": a contemporary tribute to the spiritual life of devotion and meditation.
On this new musical creation, de Moor ventures off into a sublime and devotional sound all on his own. "This album is not about musicality but about transformation-the music is made for energetic, physical, and mental state of well-being in the listener" says de Moor. "The music on the CD came through from the Beyond, guided by Spirit. All I had to do was to be open and receptive to it and record that space, that energy: The result is Sadhana, a journey inspired by the magical rituals of India, Tibet, Yoruba, and Native American and Sufi worlds - and mean to create a space of visions and Oneness.


Listening to this music soothes my soul.  I am transported when I listen to the steady beat and the sounds of nature and feel the energy that comes from this music.  Maybe I'm a closet Bhuddist or whatever they call those religious people who meditate to the soul cleansing sounds of this music.  It is unearthly.  It is the music I want played at my funeral.  Is that too weird?






6 comments:

  1. It is beautiful and very soothing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay but I prefer to wake up to Donna Summer. But you might be too young to remember Disco.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nadege. I find it so also. I don't want to sound morbid, but I would like his music to be played at my funeral. I posted my favorite song, "Silent Ganges", today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    Why thank you! Of course I remember Donna Summer. She is one of my all time favorites! Even after she 'found Jesus" and disowned the whole disco gay crowd. I think she came back to us though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ron,

    I don't know. I felt like I was intruding in a private moment and shouldn't be there. You hit about the 2:25 mark and it begins to sound a lot like a couple making love. You may have to start slapping a MA for mature sticker on this stuff.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lar,

    This music does sort of have that "Bolero" feel about it doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete