Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Get Up and Boogie

Old Guys at Bob Evans
Me, Jack and Paul yesterday at Old Time Photo in Rehoboth Beach, DE
(double click on picture to make bigger)



Yep, it's another Old Time Photo again.  Hey, it's what I like.  I won't be around much longer so I'm doing what pleases me.  I can't put a whole lot of things off any longer.

Yesterday my friends Jack and Paul invited me out to lunch at Bob Evans.  "Bob Evans" you say with all the great restaurants in Rehoboth?  Hey, I'm here to tell you that good old Bob Evans serves a great meal!  The food is freshly prepared (nary a Sysco truck in sight), the place is clean, the service is friendly, fast and efficient and the price is right.  I did see a lot of OLD PEOPLE in there yesterday but hey, aren't we OLD too?  

After lunch I suggested that we all go down to Rehoboth and get our picture taken at Old Time Photos.   They were up for it!  So we braved the summertime crowds and the heat and headed into Rehoboth to feed the meters and get our picture taken.  

When we arrived there was already an extended family with the kiddies getting their pictures taken.  We weren't going anywhere so we patiently waited until they were done.  Paul had to go out several more times to Feed the Meter (Rehoboth Beach's main source of income in the summertime).  Then it was our turn.

I told the gals at Old Time Photo that we were going to do "the cowboy thing".  Paul and Jack only had one stipulation, they didn't want to hold any guns.  One of the gals suggested a spear or a machete of Paul but he would have none of it.  Thus the Peace Pipe.  Jack relented and accepted a six-shooter but he didn't want to point it at anybody.  Of course yours truly had no compunction about holding  a gun and aimed.  By the way, in real life I am anti-gun.  This is play-acting, remember?

Well, it was lots of fun and we got some good pictures.  After our posing session I made another suggestion.  How about visiting our friend Wayne (aka "The Cajun") at his workplace?  Paul and Jack were up for it so out they go to their car to drive up Rehoboth Avenue and park nearer to the Two Crazy Guys place where Wayne works as the Hostess with the Mostess host. I elected to walk up the street.  As I arrived, Jack and Paul had just parked their car and were walking down the street to meet me.  We enter the darkened air-conditioned environs of the Two Crazy Guys Dos Locos.  I asked the good-looking young man behind the host counter if Wayne is in.  He says "Oh, I'm sorry he's OFF TODAY."  We struck out again!  Now let's see, this is the fifth time I've been there and I get the message "HE'S OFF TODAY."  You know, if I was trying to avoid him I would probably be running into him all the time.  Oh well, maybe the next time.

By the way, I'm not done with Old Time Photos.  I'm still looking for a babe to do one of those western dance hall photos.  Only problem is that I don't know many babes.  What's a guy to do?  Get up and boogie!

6 comments:

  1. This is the 5th or 6th time you have showed up - and it's always on a Tuesday my.one.day.off. There are 7 days in a week, try any other one and I assure you I will be there. It boggles the mind. You even wrote my Tuesday Off note in your little notebook.

    That said, I am so sorry I missed you guys. You could have called my cell to touch base and maybe we could have had a drink, or something. The phone does work, really, it does.

    Love the pics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cajun,

    Jack and Paul were really disappointed that you weren't there. And Paul just fed the meter too! You're right, I could have called. I suggested going to your place but Paul nixed the idea. He said it wasn't right just to drop in on someone without warning (which I have a tendency to do as you know). Now I know you have Tuesdays off (I'll probably forget) so the next time we'll hit one of those OTHER days! I'm glad work and your life is going so well for you. Watch out for those little 7 year old girls how are having a hissy fit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can always cruise for babes at Bob Evans; great pick up joint, I hear.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dr. Spo,

    No way. Do you know how old most of the folk are in Bob Evans? Surely you jest. Everyone (except the waitresses and cooks) were older than me and I'm no spring chick.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, I'll be back down there from Saturday to Tuesday. Wanna get together? I also want to drop in to Dos Locos to meet a new Friend. But I don't think I'll go on Tuesday.
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mark,

    Yes, I would like to get together. I'm off this weekend. Why don't you stop out at the house? Do you have my cell phone number?

    ReplyDelete