Friday, June 03, 2011

Frozen Lime Margherita



"Ah yes"


Well folks, can  you think of a better drink from a warm summer night?  I can't.  I just returned from our Friday Night Dine Out Group meeting.  This week we met at the La Quezalteca Mexican Restaurant in Millsboro, DE.  I like Mexican food.  I like this restaurant.  It is located at the intersection of Rts. 24 and 30 just before you enter Millsboro, Delaware.  It is a lovely early evening ride to meet friends for dinner.

Usually, I don't order an alcoholic beverage when dining out because I'm driving.  But tonight I made an exception.  After a long, hard day of work (in at 7 am this morning after getting off of my shift last night at 11 pm), I thought I deserved a little drinkie poo.  After I saw my friend Don V. order a Lime Margherita, I thought "Why not? What harm can one do?"  I am glad I ordered it.  It was delicious!  Just the thing to loosing my nerves and take my anxiety away.  One drink only though. Any more than that then I'm loopsy do.  I don't want to get that way, that's loss of control.  I do not like to lose control.

I have one more day of work before I resume my normal schedule of 3 to 11, on Wednesday and Thursday night.  That is tomorrow, Saturday.  I am so looking forward to getting back got my regular routine.  I've been off of it since our vacation at the beginning of May.  I've lost 12 pounds (most of it around my waist which is where I wanted to lose it) and my system (bowels) are all screwed up.  I just have to get 'regular' again in more way than one.

I love tonights like tonight.  Millsboro is a good 30 minutes away from my house.  I don't like to travel in the dark but on these long spring days, it is the perfect and relaxing time to travel.  And it is always good to get together with friends.  Dining out with friend is probably my third favorite activity (my second is gardening, and I'll let you guess what my first is).

Today was a good day and I'm just about ready to call it quits.  See you all again tomorrow.  Thank you Don for taking the pictures!

My friend Don who too the pictures enjoying HIS lime margherita

10 comments:

  1. You should always smile; you look so lovely when you do so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks totally idyllic. Mexican (veggie) food is my fave of ALL eatings in the entire world - and the sight of those lime margheritas have literally started my salivary juices gushing. You must have found it really hard to leave the place, looking as it does like heaven on earth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    There are two things I find really cool me down on high hot days. One is a frozen lime Margarita and the other is a thick vanilla milk shake.

    Might ned both if the temp goes back up. Nice the last two days, fortunately, because our air conditioner stopped putting out cool air two nights ago.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've being craving a good dinner of frozen margaritas and chicken fajitas. Blues eyes green with envy here. Glad you had such a wonderful night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. anne marie in philly12:37 PM

    let me guess - your first fave activity is laundry, right?

    no?

    cleaning the bathroom?

    no?

    grocery shopping?

    no?

    then I give up (tee hee)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dr. Spo,

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ray,
    I also love Mexican food. This restaurant is my favorite. It is called La Quezalteca and it is located right outside of Millsboro, DE. The frozen lime margarita was perfect. And it gave me the the right buzz. Dellightful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lar,

    I'm with you. My two favorites are also al frozen lime Margarita and a thick vanilla milkshake in an aluminum container, not a cardboard cup. Think back to the old Dick Thomas days Now that is living.

    I'm enjoying this nice weather. It will take me a few days to get back to normal after this last month.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sean,

    I'm not a drinker but I do like a frozen Margarita on a hot summer day. It just doesn't get much better than that. And I also get the right buzz. The only downside if any is I tend to say exactly what is on my mind so watch out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anne Marie
    Nooooo, my first 'face' isn't doing laundry. Actually it is working in my back yard I feel totally complete when I work in my garden; creating and nursing things to grow for the wildlife to enjoy. I love it.

    ReplyDelete