Thursday, April 28, 2011

Windy Day

Flowering Prune Tree


Wow, is it ever windy today!  All the beautiful pink blossoms of my lone flowering prune tree out in front of our house will be gone by the end of today with the almost hurricane like winds today.  Oh well, they were nice while they lasted.


Taking care of business (lawyer's office) this morning, work this afternoon then time to get prepared for the BIG TRIP south.  I may or may not be gone from the blogging scene for a few days.  Everybody gets a break from my long diatribes.  Don't worry though, I will be back.  Promise.

7 comments:

  1. My goodness, what a beautiful tree!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look how perfect that neighborhood looks. By any chance, your town isn't call Stepford, is it?
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tai,
    That's our flowering prune tree. Unfortunately the blossoms only last about a week. The wind today has blown almost all of them off by now. but the tree is beautiful while in bloom. It's almost worth waiting the whole year for it to bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,

    Our neighborhood of Covington Chase is pretty perfect in the back half where we live (we got lucky). At the entrance where the renters live, not so much. But hey, can't have everything perfect. I'm very happy living here even though Bill isn't. He would much rather live in the middle of the wood (you know where) in Pennsylvania. I liked it there too but too isolated. Here we have neighbors other than the deer. In fact, we have NO DEER which is good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Change is the only permanent thing. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. And I promise to wait.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dr. Spo,
    I'll try to keep in touch but I'm being a bit overwhelmed right now. I know YOU KNOW how that is. Once I'm back I can fly again.

    ReplyDelete