Saturday, March 12, 2011

Twelve Things

Okay, I'll take up the challenge of 'Twelve Things' today. I have to admit I love this kind of thing since I do like to take pictures.  So here we go from the start of my day this morning.  Yes, I know the day isn't over yet.  As I type this entry the time is 3:40 pm.  I'm meeting my friends Bob McC., Jim D., Bart R. and Tommy M. for dinner at Zorba's Greek Restaurant in Rehoboth Beach at 5:30.  If I finish this posting in time I still have enough time for a short nap, and shower and off to Zorba's, one of my favorite restaurants in this area.  But I'm posting my 'Twelve Things' now because I have more than twelve pictures of life here in southern Delaware this sunny, pre-spring Saturday morning.

My usual breakfast - Corn Chex, 2% milk and a banana

Yes, even though I was going out to breakfast with my friends this morning, that wouldn't be until 9 am. I get up at 6 am and I HAVE to have something.  I plan to go light on Breakfast No. 2 this morning.  I failed...



Before I leave for breakfast I have a little FaceTime with my old friend (from third grade) Lar in Claymont, DE...


I'm off to breakfast in my 'Here I Come' fire engine red 2010 Subaru Forester. I love this car!...


I pass the Michael Rennie Memorial Spaceship on Airport Road on my way to breakfast...


I pass a metallic fisherman on Route 24 on the way to breakfast...



Car in the restaurant parking lot, somebody snagged a really cool vanity plate... 



I meet my friend Tommy M. (in the middle, I'm on the right) after an absence of 15-20 years.  At 81 he looks damn good!  Only thing that seem to change was his hair is white now.  Bob (on the left) is 74 and I'm 69.  We're all hanging in there!...




Tommy eyes up the starch, grease and sugar that is breakfast.  It will soon be gone down the hatch.  Arteries, here comes the plaque...




Our friend Jim counts the change in calculating the bill splitting at the end of breakfast. Jim loves this kind of thing - check out his napkin with the figures written on it - he didn't want to use my bill splitter app on my iPhone...




Homeowners' association meeting this morning at 11 am at the church across the street from our development...




Tom (Not the singer) Jones, our association president checks off the list of attendees, let the games begin...




This subtle sign at the speaker's podium sets the tone for the meeting today...




Yours truly is called into action to open the proxy mailings (I'm considered the most trustworthy of the characters attending this meeting including the two guys to my immediate left - Al and Don - who no longer speak to me which is a shame because they are the only other gay male couple in our development (there are two lesbians couples also in the development)...




Tom (Not the Singer) Jones conducts the meeting....for the first time in five years we had a quorum, YEA!...




After the meeting I took a quick ride to Milton to record my friend Don V.'s fabulous daffodil dispay, spring has arrived!...



When in Milton one has to go to the Dogfish Head Brewery, one of the great success stories of LSD...


The Dogfish Head main office, cool...


The fish must be bitting at the Broadkill as this lone fisherman tries his luck...


Pepper's Greenhouse in Milton, I got me a whole tray of these beauties...


The first flea market I've seen this spring, spotted on my way back from Pepper's.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know.  I posted more than twelve 'things'.  Hey, I had a lot more pictures than these.  Anyway, this gives you a flavor of my day and it isn't over yet!

Don't forget to 'spring' those clocks forward this morning, it's Daylight Savings Time!

















2 comments:

  1. Roll those clocks forward, not back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dave! I just finished 'springing' the clocks forward here in the early morn. I missed this on my blog posting. I'm glad you caught it.

    ReplyDelete