Wednesday, March 23, 2011

The TV Meme

I love memes so I took up Cubby's challenge of a TV theme meme and named some of my favorites which will quickly show you how old I am.  Hey, it is what it is.  I'm not in a forgiving mood this week after attempted censorship of my blog posting by some of my 'friends.'  I need something to put be back in a good mood.  These memories of my favorite TV shows do it.  I'm also glad there was a section for show I couldn't get into, like "Mash".  What was that all about anyway?  


Back in the Day — 5 TV Shows You Loved As A Kid


The Honeymooners
I Love Lucy
The Andy Griffith Show
I Remember Mama
Wild Bill Hickock
That’s Hot — 5 TV Characters You Would Do


Guy Madison (Wild Bill Hickock)






Clint Walker (Cheyenne)




James Franciscus (Mr. Novack)




Robert Conrad (The Wild Wild West)




Matthew Fox (Lost)



 5 TV Theme Songs You Know (and Love) By Heart


I Love Lucy
Golden Girls
Andy Griffith Show
My Three Sons
Gunsmoke
5 “Hit” Shows You Never Could Get Into


Twin Peaks
Mash
The Brady Bunch
Lost
24
The Starting Line-Up — 5 Channels You Go To First When You Sit Down to Watch TV


MSNBC
MSNBC
MSNBC
CNN
ABC


5 Quotes That Still Resonate
Jackie Gleason - "The Jackie Gleason Show"


"How sweet it is!"






Jackie Gleason - "The Honeymooners"


"One of these days, Alice ... POW! to the moon!"






Hyacinth Bucket (pronounced "Bouquet") - "Keeping Up Appearances"






"If there's one thing I can't stand, it's snobbery and one-upmanship. People who try to pretend they're superior. Makes it so much harder for those of us who really are." 




John Inman - "Are You Being Served?"


Mr. Humphries: "And Mrs. Peacock. Just to let you know Miss Belfridge will be directly under Captain Peacock."








Betty White - "The Golden Girls" 


Rose: "My mother always used to say: "The older you get, the better you get, unless you're a banana." 








Betty White - "The Mary Tyler Moore Show"


Sue Ann Nivens:I was lying in bed last night and I couldn't sleep, and I came up with an idea. So I went right home and wrote it down." 





Shows You Can Never Get Enough Of


Judge Judy


Masterpiece Theater






Keeping Up Appearances






Are You Being Served?





Dancing With The Stars



8 comments:

  1. Are you free, Mr tipton?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spo,

    "I"m free Mr. Spo!"

    God rest his soul, Mr. Humphries. Mrs. Slocumb too. The whole cast brought Bill and I many hours of enjoyment.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous10:52 AM

    No Rin Tin Tin?

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Lassie"...maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great meme Ron. I LOVE the pic of James Franciscus from Beneath the Planet of the Apes. (I have a Planet of the Apes post coming up in a few days, watch for it). And I'm really happy you are a DWTS fan too!

    Isn't it funny how comedy and society has changed over the decades? What Sue Ann Nivens said wouldn't even register with young folks today. You'd have to draw them a diagram to get them to understand the joke, and even then they wouldn't find it funny.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your "hot men" choices are fantastic! Especially the guy in the loincloth. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Buddy Bear! James Franciscus pushed all my buttons but when I saw him in that loincloth in "Return to the Planet of the Apes" I thought I would cream my pants right there in the theater!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guy Madison was my first boyhood celebrity crush. Of course, I was too young at that time to "process" the fact that I was responding to him sexually. Bob Conrad came later. Though Conrad was a little too cocky (no pun) for me, who could resist those dimples (etc.)?

    ReplyDelete