Sunday, November 21, 2010

TSA and the "audacity of grope" - On Liberty blog - Boston.com

TSA and the "audacity of grope" - On Liberty blog - Boston.com

I found this blog that expresses my feelings about the absurdity of the new enhanced methods of airport security which gives the passenger the option of a Full Montny naked body scan or a "check your junk" pat down with gloved hand (like that makes a difference whether or not you're being sexually molested.)

My Internet connection at home is still being held hostage by Verizon's "not over the weekend" service. I got an automated call from Verizin today that said a service technician will be at my house by 7 pm. Oh goody, I didn't have anything to do all day anyway than wait around for a telephone service rep.

Bill said it right yesterday, we really are getting to old for this aggravation.

Two weeks ago I had the DirecTV guy in to straighten out my satellite signal. Now I gave another precancerous growth on my neck and I was just at the dermatologist at the VA last month and they don't want to see me again for another year. Looks like I'm gonna have to make some phone calls tomorrow to look for a local dermatologist.  Last time I called there was a six month wait.  So much for health care in the good ole USA.

I'm still looking for that week (or two) that everything goes smooth. I don't know if it's me or life that is getting more complicated.

Pictures with my blog again tomorrow. I don't know how to add them with the iPad I'm on now. Just another complication.

Well, at least I have my Chirstmas cards addressed, stamped and sealed. One benefit of not being glued to the computer this weekend.

4 comments:

  1. I confess, I won't mind being groped by a man in uniform. That makes me a bit of a perv.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually I don't mind being groped either, to be totally honest with you, but it's the principal. Airport security the way it is now is a farce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. well at least I can 'get back' at the TSA but blithely asking for the pat down and saying 'yah baby' while it is happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's late in the day but this is my first good laugh. Great suggestion if I ever fly. "Oh baby!" while I'm being groped. Airport security theater, that's all it is.

    ReplyDelete