Thursday, November 18, 2010

Four Years and Counting





Yesterday, November 17th, was the fourth anniversary of our move to Delaware.


I will always remember that date, not only because it was the traumatic ending to the nightmare of selling our house in Pennsylvania but it is also the birthday of my favorite (and only)  sister-in-law, Barbara Tipton.  And yes, I did call Barbara yesterday and sing "Happy Birthday" to her over the phone.  I can't sing but she said she liked it.  That's Barbara, just about the best sister-in-law a guy could ever have.  We're both Scorpios, maybe that also helps to explain the special affinity we have for one another.


The picture on this blog is of Bill, me and my brother John.  I don't remember what we were studying but we were in our new house.  Whatever it was, it was important.  Don't tell anyone, but John is the smart one in our family.  That is a big admission for me to make since I am the oldest brother.  John is the youngest and Isaac is in the middle.  We are brothers but we're about as different as three men can be.  We don't even look alike.  I look like our father. I don't know if that's good or bad but apparently I got the major dose of his look-alike genes.


So how has the past four years been since I moved to the Diamond State?  My answer is:




WONDERFUL!


I love living in Delaware.  Love it, love it, love it!


Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. I have never been to Delaware; perhaps some day I will come a visiting?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work at a lovely boutique hotel. Come in the winter and I can give you a 30% dissent for you and Someone. I will personally give you a guided tour of Lewes, the first town in the first state. Not for nothing is Delaware called the Diamond State. Six miles down the road is Rehoboth Beach which is the gay capital of the east coast. You'll love it here and I'm sure everyone will love you Spo. I can introduce you to The Cajun. That alone is well worth the visit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 30% Discount ( I mean to say)

    ReplyDelete