Monday, November 15, 2010

Almost There


Hey folks!  I'm almost back to my ornery self.  My arm is MUCH BETTER!


Today I engaged in a tete a tete with one of my Tipton cousins on FB.  We had a political discussion.  


He is of the conservative Republican persuasion that believes in no government or social programs.  


Do away with Social Security, Medicare, the VA. 


You know, the Glenn Beck/Bill O'Reilly/Sean Hannity mantra.


No taxes.


No government except to declare war so those of us in the lower socio-economic order can sacrifice our sons and daughters in this mindless destruction.


I've been holding off commenting on the recommendations of the Deficit Commission.  I can't hold off any longer.  Here goes!


How about those two bozo's who are chairing the commission?  Alan Simpson, the Angry Old Man from Wyoming.  Did you ever see a better candidate to play The Grinch?


Then there is Erskine Bowles?  WTF kind of name is "Erskine?"  He looks like an "Erskine."  You just gotta know this clown comes from inherited money.


So there they are last week.  Erskine Bowles sucking on the arm of his glasses in his too small mouth while Alan "The Curmudgeon" Simpson hunches over and spews out the bad news.


Cut Social Security.


Cut Medicare.


Cut taxes.


Charge a fee to use the VA.


Notice no where in their recommendations did they mention letting the Bush tax cuts for the rich expire at the end of the year?  Oh no, these birds are SO concerned with the deficit that they are willing to make those tax cuts permanent.


Well, it isn't going to work former Senator Simpson and former White House Advisor to the Clinton Administration Erskine Bowles.  Crawl back under your respective rocks.  


Let the Bush Tax cuts expire at the end of the year.  


Put the members of Congress, including retired members like Simpson, on Social Security and Medicare like the rest of us schlubs.  


And by the way President Obama,  step up to the plate and start leading.  



2 comments:

  1. I admire you for trying; these tar babies only get me upset and dirty.

    I am glad you are mending !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good comment Spo. I'm not watching the news as much now. It's all so predicable. Obama is caving and the Republicans continue to propagate the Big LIe that tax cuts for the rich will produce jobs. They're in charge now. I await the jobs.

    Yes, I am mending and it is a wonderful thing!

    ReplyDelete