Friday, September 03, 2010

Rehoboth Awaits Earl

Just got back from my daily morning walk on the boardwalk in Rehoboth.

The winds are up and the waves ares swelling.

Here is my pictorial essay of Rehoboth waiting for hurricane Earl to blow through out little seaside resort here on the coast of southern Delaware.

Rehoboth Beach boardwalk at 6:30 this morning - all to myself

No hurricane propelled trash cans today
No breakfast with an ocean view this morning - hatches are battened down
Philly TV station awaits the wrath of Earl
"Lights, camera, action!"
"If I stand up here I can see over the beach grass"
My friend, Jonathan Seagull 
"Let's get the Power Walk in before Earl hits" (is that the governor of Arizona?)
Washing the windows before Earl hits?  What's wrong with this picture?

When you're vertically challenged, you stand on a bench 

Earl may just blow him off this bench
The Camera Hog.  You didn't think I would post this blog without a picture of me did you?

We're hunkered down here at home.  The forecast is that the winds will pick up later this morning but we will miss the brunt of Hurricane Earl.  Thank goodness.  

Tomorrow and Sunday are forecast for the lows of 50's and highs of 70's.  I'll take it!












5 comments:

  1. Ron,

    I'm sure if a hurricane did hit the beach that the police tape would keep all those trash barrels from getting away. Yeah, right!

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    We dodged a bullet.....thank goodness! It didn't even rain. Just a few stray drops that didn't amount to much.

    The sun was out later in the day. The weekend forecast is glorious.

    Your friend on the other side of the country.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lar,

    You noticed that too with the police tape holding the trash barrels back? That was my morning chuckle.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lar,

    You noticed that too with the police tape holding the trash barrels back? That was my morning chuckle.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete