Friday, August 27, 2010

Sumptuous Day

Ron and Bob at La Quetzalteca Restaurant, Millsboro, DE


Today was one of those rare days, the weather was perfect.

Gone was the energy sapping humidity.

Gone was the oppressive 90 plus degree heat.

The sun shone brightly in a clear blue sky as I arrived this morning at the boardwalk in Rehoboth Beach for my daily walk.  I had no trouble walking the length of the boardwalk four times for a total of four miles.  I didn't work up once drop of sweat.

At the end of my walk I felt I could do it again but decided not to risk another injury like I had earlier in the week.  I think I pinched a nerve in my hip bone.  The pain was excruciating for a day but gradually subsided the next day until it was almost gone today.

For lunch I met my friends Bob, Jack and Paul at La Quetzalteca in Millsboro.  This is becoming a weekly occurrence.  We will have to stop meeting like this or people are going to start to talk.

After lunch I dropped Bob off at his home in Milton just in time for him to say goodbye to his house guests who were ending a week stay at his historic home.

When I got home I took my afternoon nap.  Yesterday my afternoon nap was three hours.  Wow.  I was dead to the world too when I woke up.  I did a little better today.  Only an hour.

When I got up I had the energy to attack the overgrown weeds in my flower beds that got away from me this summer because of the heat.

After an hour or so of major weed pulling I took yet another walk in the development behind me.  Man oh man, this weather is so conducive to a walk.  I love it.

Now here I sit writing this blog.  As some of you probably noticed, I removed the music from my blog.  I like the music but I noticed when I bring my blog up in someone else's house, the music is annoying.  My friend Wayne told me it drives him nuts.  I thought he was nuts but maybe he was onto something.  So, for the time being, the music has been removed.  All feedback is appreciated.

I hope everyone had a wonderful day like I had today.

Each day is a gift.  I take nothing for granted.  I'm ready for another beauty tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I love your music. Sometimes I won't close yur blog so that I can listen to the tunes while I'm reading other peoples crap. But it's your blog, do what you want. We are only your fans.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I'm glad you told me this. I miss my music already. My original thought on the music was that it reflects me and my personality and it part of my blog. Actually only one person complained about my music and that is "The Cajun" or Wayne. But he complains about everything. So I should have discounted it. However, I did notice when I was over at my friend Bob C.'s house this afternoon and showing him something on his new Mac that my music was interfering with what I was trying to show him. But that was different. I see that now.
    I'm putting my music back because I love it and I'm glad you do too. I like you Mike and I'm glad we're friends. Darn, I wish you lived closer.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike,

    Anybody who doesn't like my music or it interferes with their reading of my blog can always turn it off or turn their speakers off. I am so glad I added my music back to my blog. I felt empty without it. Thanks buddy.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ron,

    Glad you cleared that up, because the music is playing as I type.

    If I am reading a blog and the music begins to distract my attention I just turn my speakers down. I don't know why anyone should complain when they can easily turn it off I they want. I guess some people are just overly lazy.

    And I'll agree, I hate those "overgrown weeks". They wear me out. :)


    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're right Lar. People who complain about the music can always pause the Playlist icon or turn their speakers down or off.

    Thanks for the "weeks" correction. I do a spell check and reread the blog post several times but some still get by me. Actually, it was been "weeks" since I pulled weeds because of the brutal summer we've been having.

    ReplyDelete