Thursday, August 26, 2010

Rehoboth Beach Photo Essay August 26, 2010

Rehoboth Beach Thursday, August 26, 2010 - a perfect beach day

Just got back from the beach folks!

This morning I hung around a few hours longer.  In fact I didn't leave until noon.  Usually I leave before 8 am or 9 am at the latest.

The reason I stayed later was that I wanted to get one of those "Olde Timey" photos of myself.  The last one I had done was in 1974.  The Old Time Photo shop didn't open until 10 am.  So I hung around.

Everything went well with the photo.  Only thing was there was no getting away from the fact that I'm not 33 years old anymore as I was in 1974.  This is 2010 and I'm 68 years old and the Olde Timey photo didn't hide that fact.  I'm hiding it, that's why you don't see the picture on this blog posting.  I may or may not put it on a future blog posting.  I have to think about this.

In the meantime, here is my daily photo essay of beach life after 9 am.  Please note that the "doughnut" sign has been corrected and now says "doughnut."  Someone must have read my blog.

Correcttion, instead of "dougnut" it is now "doughnut."  

Olde Timey Photos

Want to throw some money away?  
Looking for a wave.....any wave
Beach reading
"Play ball!"

Lifeguards on duty....cozy

Daddy take the Princess to the beach
Staking a claim.....sexy stuff

Have a great day.  See you tomorrow!







6 comments:

  1. Send me a photo Ron, and I'll turn it sepia and give it an oval, feathered edge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the offer Kim. I'll scan the photo withing the next few days. It's already in sepia (quite nice in fact.) However, there is no getting away from the fact that I look like a real Civil War veteran.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron, don't worry, I don't look like I did in 1974 either. For one thing, the Afro is gone. Plus, I've grown about 3 feet.
    68, so what? You still have the same eys and I can see the 33 year old in them.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting that you should say that about my eyes Mark. I've had the same comment from some friends who know me and come face to face with me personally.
    I bad mouth myself a lot on my blogs about getting old but I'm really treasing. I'm not fishing for compliments. I am totally comfortable with being an "older" guy. Funny thing, when I was young (20's) I was very age conscious. Now that I am older, I really don't care. In fact, I embrace it. The only way I would feel bad is if I was out of shape (fat.) I maintain my shape and sense of humor. That's all that counts in the end after all. There isn't a whole hell of a lot we can do about aging other than to make the best of it. However, I will admit a small bit of nostalgia for not turning heads like I used to when I entered a room. :) Now no one notices. It is what it is. I heard Elizabeth Taylor said the same thing. Well, at least I'm in good company. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't mean the image you've already had taken, Ron - I just meant send me a photo of you - pose it if you want - and I'll make it look like an old-time photo.

    Little point in doing it to one already done :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kim,

    I understand now. I'll have to look or take one to send to you.

    ReplyDelete