Saturday, August 07, 2010

Good Times

Dining out with friends at The Feathered One in Rehoboth 2009

Nothing special today folks other than the fact that I am feeling very good these days.

Renee helping me to celebrate my 65th birthday party at the Brickside Grill in Exton, PA (can you tell?  I was working on my 2nd martini)


I just found my all time favorite disco song from the 70's "It Feels Like I'm In Love."  This brought back many happy memories which I will share with you, the readers of this blog.

Brad, a happy fling back in the 70's at The Ranch


Life is about today, tomorrow and the past.  Yes, the past.  I have had a very good life.  Some disappointments but more happiness than many.  For that I am very thankful.

"Fuzzy" - another happy fling from the 70's (met him at the Boathouse in Dewey Beach)

There was a shortage of chairs at The Ranch - one had to get a seat wherever - 1979

Angelo and I manned the front desk at the Lionville Hampton Inn many a busy night- see those smiles?  Happy workers. - 2000

Me and Sheila at Trivia Night at the Brickside Grill - oh how I miss those Wendesday nights

The message from this blog - life is short.  Smile, have fun and be kind to each other.  






4 comments:

  1. That song is classic. I just wanna dance.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    This is my all time favorite club song! I heard it first at a tea dance at the Boatslip in Provincetown on a hot August day in the late 70's. To me it epitomizes all the good times I had during that period. I haven't heard it in years until a few days ago when I was coming home from work. I had the Club Mix on my Sirrius radio on and there it was! Listening to it brought back all those good memories. I always smile when I hear it. Wanna dance? :)

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I wasn't out clubbing in the 70s but I certainly love this music. My Mom, however, did go out and dance. She "forced" me to practice with her. She was lucky that she had a Gay son who loved disco. At one point, she bought a book that had pop out feet. We layed them on the floor of the kitchen and went step by step until we had the dances down pat. So see, even though you and I weren't in the same Club together, we were probably dancing at the same time.
    Your Friend, m.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mark,
    The best times of my life were spent at those clubs. Many times I danced by myself. I didn't care. I was just into it that much. I feel so fortunate that my prime years were in that era. I never did drugs but my clubbing was probably the equivalent of drugs. Well okay, I did do poppers when I danced. :) You're right, we probably were dancing at the same time.

    I haven't been dancing for years but if you want to go sometime, let me know. I hear the Double L in Rehoboth has a dance floor now. I haven't been there in a few years but I would like to see what it is like. By the way, I sort of dance like Elaine in "Seinfeld" but I have a good time anyway. :)
    Ron

    ReplyDelete