Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Dog Days of Summer

A man swims in a fountain outside the Kremlin in Moscow, Russia on Friday. A heat wave hit central Russia with temperatures rising above 30C (86F), breaking temperature records.


The dog days of summer are officially here.  Doesn't it seem like the whole summer has been the dog days?

I don't know about you but I am so tired of the seemingly never ending hot and humid weather.

It seems like the whole summer has been lost to the heat and humidity.

Last summer it was the mosquitoes.  This summer it's the stifling. oppressive heat and humidity.

This morning I hit the beach again.  I made one swipe up and down the boardwalk but for my second mile I walked on the beach as near to the waves as I could get without getting my Reeboks wet.

Since I'm on the beach early in the morning I'm sharing the beach with the many dog owners who bring their best friends to the beach to play, poop and piss on the beach.

Below is a mini-pictorial show of some of the activity on the beach this morning on these Dog Days of Summer:




No comments:

Post a Comment