Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Two Steps Forward, One Step Back


Two Steps Forward, One Step Back




Yesterday was so wonderful I knew something had to go wrong. It did.



As I was stuffing my face with dinner last night, my tongue slipped into an empty space in my front tooth. Uh oh. I quickly swallow the crock pot pork and stuffing I was eating and repair to my bathroom mirror, fearing the worst. Uh huh. Yep. A filling was gone on the bottom of my left front tooth. Now I look like Alfred E. Neuman.



Here we go. In a few minutes I’ll call my dentist in Dover hoping to arrange an appointment as soon as possible to repair my front toothie.



I’m scheduled to work at the hotel tomorrow. I can’t be checking in the guests with my Hillbilly Grin.

6 comments:

  1. Well I hope there is no pain. It's always something. Don't be too pissed it won't make it any better. Frankly I would be pissed screw the advice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,
    No, there isn't any pain. If there was I doubt it my HMO dental practice would help anyway. This is an eye opener. I may changed my dental plan because of this. There is a gay dentist in Rehoboth. Like most of the other gay professionals in this area, he is VERY EXPENSIVE. I'll have to give this some thought.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    If when I was going for radiation treatment and they put gridwork across my face in bright orange marker I could still go and teach a group of teachers, you can handle some guests with a partial tooth. people understand.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lar,

    I'm more concerned with breaking off more of my tooth during this period that the filling is out.

    I'm not that concerned about how it looks to guests at the hotel. I look like I have a gap tooth like David Letterman. It's a "look." My new "look."

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, maybe gap teeth are in. Lots of well-known gaps: David Lettermen, Michael Strahan, Lauren Hutton, Terry-Thomas, Alfred E. Newman, the Village Idiot...oh wait, strike those last two, bad examples. :)

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lar,

    Last night was my first night at the hotel with my new gap toothed look. I didn't scare anybody away.
    My only concern now until Monday when I have my appointment with the dentist is not breaking any more of that front tooth. I'm not keeping this look though, no matter how many famous people have it.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete