Thursday, January 07, 2010

My Second Favorite Room




This is a picture of my sunroom that I took a few minutes ago. This is my second favorite place in my Delaware home. I’ll post my favorite room tomorrow.



I thrive on light. When I first saw this model house three years ago I was immediately impressed with the wall of windows. This is what sold me on this model, the Springbrook.



The whole backside of my house is windows. I paid extra for all of those windows. It was well worth it. Every day, no matter how down I am, the light that flows through those windows uplifts my spirits.



We have a living room but we rarely sit in it. In fact, I don’t remember the last time we sat in the living room, which is also called the Great Room. Even when we have company we sit in the sun room. I think it is force of habit to have a living room in the house. Just in case we have company. Actually, the living room is just there for decoration.



As big as our house was in Pennsylvania, I didn’t have a favorite room. My bedroom wasn’t even my favorite. Right now I’m in my home office. This room is formally designated as one of the bedrooms but I use it as a home office. This is my third favorite room.



I like all the rooms in this house. There is no room that I don’t like in this house.  This is one happy retiree very comfortable in his dream home.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous9:37 PM

    Hi Ron,

    Sounds like your New Year is being very productive. I'm sorry to hear that your hours at work are on a as needed basis though.

    I luv your sunroom. I've always wanted one myself but our house layout is so that we can't do an addition on the back of the house away from the busy road in front. The south, sunny side also faces the road. My office, minus the sun is my favorite room of the house. I redid it last year when my son & granddaughter moved out. I painted it merlot with all white furniture. It's my oasis away from all the stress.

    Oh, btw...I set up a Facebook page but have no way to get a pic on there. I hardly know what to do with it now that I have it...lol.

    Take care,
    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fran,
    I always wanted a sunroom. That was of primary importance when I had a new house built. Actually I have a direct view of Route 1 from my sunroom but it is far enough away that it doesn't feel like I'm on the highway. I like seeing the cars go up and down Route 1. It is sort of like the sense of tranquility you get when watching a fish aquarium.

    I love Facebook! If you want to be Friends on FB send me your e-mail address. You can also put in my e-mail address (ronstales@aol.com) and you can "friend" me. You shouldn't have any trouble adding pictures on FB. That's the main thing I use FB for. I'm adding more pictures this morning.
    I'm alright with the reduced hours at work. I'm putting the extra free time to good use.
    I’m looking forward to seeing you on Facebook.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete