Monday, January 04, 2010

My New Job


This is the first working day of the New Year. As I mentioned in previous blog postings, I’m on hiatus from my part time job at the hotel. However, that doesn’t mean I stop working. To the contrary, I have a new job. I’m working for myself.




Today I’m selecting old photographs to scan into my computer. Some of these photographs I’m posting to my Facebook account to share with friends and family. This is a job that I’ve been putting off for a long time. Now is the time.




I feel this need to get everything in order before I check out of this world. At 68 years old, I don’t have that long horizon of time left to me to procrastinate.



The thought has crossed my mind more than a few times that no one would be interested in whatever mementos that I leave behind. But I can’t be concerned about that. I have to do what I have to do.



Through my genealogy research I know how appreciative I am to come across information and photos left behind my ancestors. Sadly, most people leave this earth and their life history goes with them. I’m just that self involved that I don’t want that to be my legacy.



The sun is out today, the winds have died down but the cold is still in the area. Shortly I’m meeting friends for lunch in Rehoboth. I feel good about my situation now and I'm looking forward to a very productive year.

5 comments:

  1. That second picture of me looks like I just got up. Scary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know its a few days late, but Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    No, the second picture looks like someone entered the room, you turned and snarled, "What're you doin' here? What'd'a want?"

    I started my reduced work week today, but it didn't quite work out that way. We got a fair delivery and I stuck around to finish it up because I hate just saying, :Okay, my times up, good night." So my first day ended up about the same as my last day in time.

    I am actually scheduled for but 14 hours this week. 3 each day, except Friday when I am scheduled for only two. Perhaps I will have another day like today and have two hours to make up and just take Friday off. Or perhaps we'll get big deliveries and I will work more hours. We will see.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim,

    Thank you Kim. My best to you and your family this New Year. My life is enriched by knowing you and learning from your blog postings. You are unique and I feel privileged to know you.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lar,

    You're right, I don't look too thrilled in the second picture. Actually, I wasn't agitated other than with Bill who always plays dumb when he takes a picture. As many times he has taken pictures he always acts like it's his first time. Unfortunately my agitation showed on my face. I would be a lousy poker player.

    I'm glad your day at work went well. Today would have been a day at work for me but not now. Instead I went out to lunch with Jack and Judy Dawson at The Frog Pond in Rehoboth. Then we came back here and had Judy's Decadent Chocolate Cake for dessert. Now it's dinner time and I'm not hungry at all. We had a good visit though.

    I'm using my free time to catch up on reviewing and scanning many of my old photos. I will make use of this time. I'm turning a lemon into lemonade.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete