Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Love the One You're With


Yesterday a lunch a friend of mine was describing something ( I forget the context) that sounded very much like a song lyric. In fact I told her that it would be a good song. Of course we got a good laugh over that because the lyric is a very famous. It defined our generation. Here is the lyric:




"If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with."  

Stephen Sills 1970



After lunch I returned home with my friend. She wanted to see my Hewlett Packard scanner that scans negatives and slides. She was very impressed with the way the scanner scanned negatives into color pictures on my computer. Technology is wonderful!



After she left I pulled out more pictures from my treasure trove to scan into my computer. Ironically I came across a thirty year picture that was taken of me meeting a former love for lunch. The location was in Philadelphia at 8th and Chestnut, in front of the Federal Building. That was a magical summer, one that I will never forget.  I experienced something that few people experience in their life, true love. 
 
The relationship didn't work out for many reasons.  It was perhaps doomed from the start.  But, as I remember that time and that person I am reminded of another song lyric:
 
Don't let it be forgot
 

That once there was a spot,

For one brief, shining moment


That was known as Camelot.

His name was Brad.

2 comments:

  1. Brads photo speaks a thousand words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    You see that. You're very perceptive.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete