Monday, January 18, 2010

Copy to DVD


Well folks, I finally mastered copying some of my old VHS tapes to a DVD!




It wasn't easy. I think the instruction booklet must have been written in Chinese first then translated. Either that or someone from Mr. Softee's (Bill Gates) organization (Microsoft) wrote the instructions. They are that hard to follow. Not intuitive at all.



But I got through and didn't waste too many DVD's in the process. Is it perfect? Of course not. But I did manage to copy the whole VHS video tape to a DVD. Then I took that DVD to my computer and made multiple copies.



The first VHS video tape I copied was of the Tipton Family Reunion that took place October 4, 1997. I wanted to make copies so I could send them to some of my Tipton cousins. So many of the Tiptons who were at that reunion and appeared on my tape are now gone....forever.



My only regret is that I didn't spend more time interviewing those individuals. I'm planning another Tipton Family reunion this year. If I'm not stuck cooking hamburgers (like I was at the first Tipton Family reunion in 1994), I'll take the videos myself and make sure I get everyone on record.



Besides, it won't be too long now before I check out. Make hay while the sun shines.

No comments:

Post a Comment