Thursday, January 28, 2010

Avatar



Yesterday I finally succumbed to all the hype and saw the most popular movie of all time, Avatar.



I was not disappointed. Avatar was perhaps the best movie I have ever seen in my life.



Avatar contains all the qualities I like in a great movie:



• Great production values – the special effects are spectacular

• Riveting story line

• Good character development

• Excellent direction, all the scenes flow together smoothly

• Super pacing – even though the movie is long, it moves fast

• Superior casting and acting - everyone was perfect for their role



I could go on about many of the wonderful aspects of this movie but suffice it for me to say that this is one great movie.



This is the first 3-D movie I’ve ever seen and I’m ruined now. It’s going to be hard to go back to two dimensional movies. There were times when I almost had to bat away the floating mayfly type insects that almost touched my nose. And a couple of times I almost ducked when a weapon was pointed at me!




This is a movie I have to see and will see again. And again.  I want to go back into that world.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Thanks for the "heads up" Ron. I have heard some really great things about the movie. And, I think that it has become the biggest earner of all times at the box office. Jeanie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeanie,
    I don't go to the movies for special effects. A good story is more important to me. That's why this movie is so good. It has a good story/message. Plus, the special effects did win me over. I am impressed with a movie that a movie over three hours long is so well done that the time flew by. I have to see it again.
    Ron

    ReplyDelete