Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Not Feeling It



Here we are, two days before Christmas and I’m still not feeling it. Yes, it did snow and it looks like we’re going to have a white Christmas. That should have put me in the mood. It’s still not happening.




This morning Bill and I took an early run to the Super Wal-Mart in Milford for a little last minute Christmas shopping. He wanted to buy our neighbor a clamp on light. I saw some pink and blue ones at that Wal-Mart. Bill took one look at them and deemed them not masculine enough for the work he and Bob (our neighbor) will be doing in finishing his basement. Bill said he wanted something more manly. He said they didn’t have enough wattage and besides, he didn’t like the color. Whatever.



I got on my computer this morning but there isn’t much activity out there. I think all my Facebook friends and my old fogey friends who don’t use FB are busy with Christmastime activities. I’m not in the mood anyway.



I tried to work up some interest in starting my Class of 1959 blog (my old high school class), but I couldn’t tape the enthusiasm. Maybe I’ll get the bug next week.



One thing that is good, the sun has been out two straight days. Hallelujah! I thrive on the light, especially in the winter. Two days running, I’ve taken my daily walk back in the development behind where I live. Even though the air is brisk and the road is covered with patches of ice, the walk was worth it. I always fell invigorated after a good brisk walk.



The location of my bedroom is such that I receive the maximum benefit the passive solar light and heat during the day. The room is almost sensual in its warm comfort. Today and yesterday, I had a wonderful when I wake up I ask “where am I?” nap in the afternoon. The comfort of my bedroom and the availability of a place to walk are two of the main benefits of living where I do now. I love the low taxes of Delaware and the wide open spaces but I especially love my bedroom; my oasis.



Tomorrow I go to work at the hotel at 3 pm to 11 pm and return in the morning at 7 am. There was a time in my life when I would not have liked to work Christmas Eve and Christmas Day but I have to say that at this time of my life, I don’t mind. No, I don’t mind at all.



Merry Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I'm in the Holiday spirit but ine thing I have not done this year is to get on the phone and call the out of town relatives. I just don't want to talk about "the good old days" this year. I hope to get some good photos at the in laws tomarrow night. I'll send you the good ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I hope you and Glenn have a wonderful Christmas. I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

    Take care,

    Ron

    ReplyDelete