Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Day After


Here we are the day after the big winter snow storm of the season and it isn't even winter yet. Winter officially starts tomorrow, December 21st. Most of the rest of the east coast received a foot or more of snow; we received about two inches down here in Lower Slower, aka Sussex County, Delaware. No complaints here that is more than enough for us to enjoy the beauty of a white Christmas.




One of the complaints Bill has had since we moved to Delaware is that he misses the snow. Well, he got a dose this time and he was out in our driveway early, shoveling a path. I'll go on record and say I don't miss the snow. Maybe when I was a kid and we got a few days off from school but now that I'm an Old Grumpy Man, I don't miss it at all. Not at all. It's pretty to look at but I don't want to be driving in it. I don't even want to build a snow man. Grumpy, grumpy. That be me.





I called the Inn a little while ago to see if the Christmas party was still on. The owner of the Inn where I work has a sit down dinner party for all of his employees each year. This year as in last year it is going to be held at the Second Street Grill. Last year was the first time I ate there. I loved it. The party last year at the Second Street Gill had excellent service, good food and great company. I'm very fortunate in that I work with a wonderful bunch of folks and a very generous boss/owner. It doesn't get much better than that. I take nothing for granted.



Drive carefully. Be kind to animals, your friends, relatives, neighbors and strangers. I'll be back tomorrow to report on the party.

4 comments:

  1. We want to see a photo of you sticking your tongue to the frozen flag pole. Stay warm

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    Uh huh! I bet you do. Don't hold your breath for that picture. I think one of my brothers did that when we were young. And yes, he got it stuck. He got in trouble too. I was too smart for that. I only played with matches.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your funy. By the way, Bills picture is beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    That's Bill in the parka shoveling the snow. He won't let me take pictures of him now.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete