Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve 2009



Christmas Eve 2009 and I'm finally starting to "feel it." This is what I always like about Christmas, this quiet time. I've never been one of those last minute shoppers or one of those people who rush around at Christmas visiting friends and relatives. That was something I did many years ago when I was young and went along with the usual Christmas activities.




About thirty years ago I found myself alone on Christmas Eve and I noticed how peaceful and serene I felt just by the quietness of it all. Ever since that time I have made it a point to spend Christmas Eve alone.




Many years I was alone at home during Christmas Eve. Other years it meant that I was working the Christmas Eve shift at a hotel. This year I am working at a hotel. Even working at the hotel I still find the peace and serenity of the solitude of Christmas Eve. I can't quite explain why, but it works for me. It is my tradition.



I understand others have different traditions at Christmastime. I am not disparaging those people or their activities. I think you should do whatever works for you. If you like spending time with the family and the kids, that's fine. Some others prefer to volunteer your time at a local soup kitchen, then that's fine too. But for me, tonight I will connect with the Great Spirit that is within me.



In the spirit of the season, I wish to all the peace and serenity I feel this Christmas.


2 comments:

  1. You are so cute. you have the look of a little boy in front of the tree. PRICELESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike,

    I like you! Thank you very much for the compliment. Actually, I was smiling because it was killing me to kneel in front of that tree. My friend Bob Chambers took that picture and he was taking his time. I was saying "Come on, I'm about to collapse in a heap!" I guess that's what makes for a spontaneous picture.

    Take care and have a wonderful Christmas.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete