Tuesday, November 17, 2009

The Leather Anniversary

The Leather Anniversary is the traditional 3rd year anniversary. Somehow leather doesn't seem appropriate at this time of my life (although it was VERY APPROPRIATE earlier in my adult life) so I will go with the more modern crystal or glass anniversary.




What am I celebrating today? Three years ago today I sold my house in Pennsylvania (after being on the market a long and torturous eleven months) and moved into my dream house here in the flat coastal plains of Sussex County Delaware.







Yes, I may now have a 30 year mortgage where I had none before and I am now paying a water bill where I paid none before (I had a well), but I can say without equivocation that I an extremely happy where I am at in life now.  I love my home, I love my friends and I love Bill.  Oh yes, we're speaking again.

2 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Kim. At this point in my life I am exactly where I want to be. It took a lot of planning and some luck but I'm here and I am very happy.

    ReplyDelete