Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Still on a High

Two days after the National Equality March in Washington, D.C., I'm still on a natural high. Of course that is the best kind of high one can attain (not that I would know of any other "highs.")




My friend Bob and I must have walked at least five miles around Washington on Sunday. Most of the marchers were in their early 20's. They can walk all day and dance the night away. That was not the case with these two marchers in their 60's (and I'm closer to 70 which is still hard for me to believe.)  If we tried that we would probably end up in the local emergency room.



Last night at work all the walking we did in Washington finally caught up with me. Both of my hip joints ached so much they made me light headed. I felt like they needed a shot of W-2. I was walking around like a man with a boom handle up his behind.



Man oh man; the old body just can't do what it used to do. When I was in my early 20's I remember times I would be up all night and not get to bed until 4 or 5 in the morning and go do work the next day at 8:30. How I ever did that I have no idea. If I tried that now I......well it would be impossible.



All morning I sat at the computer and reviewed my 230 pictures and videos of the Equality March. I will sort through those and put a nice album up on my Facebook account for all to share. I do have some rather nice iconic pictures to share. This is what I enjoy doing. I think I missed my mark in life; I should have been a photographer. Just more proof that one should follow one's heart when pursuing a lifetime career. Do what you enjoy doing. I've always liked taking pictures.



My friend Bob and I went out to dinner with our friend The Cajun at the Purple Parrot in Rehoboth Beach tonight.



We have our town back again. While we appreciate all the summertime tourists and all the money they bring into the local economy it is always nice to regain our town again. While it was a bit chilly sitting at the open air tables at the Parrot and the street traffic was light, that was a small price to pay to have the noise and crowds gone.



We ordered our usual Wimpy burgers (which are anything but "wimpy") and Happy Hour glasses of wine. Our cute waiter wasn't hassled by a crowded restaurant and was thus able to spend some time with the three Old Guys.





Yes indeed. Today was a good day which was topped off by a cute waiter. Life for me doesn't get much better than that. I’m good. Life is good.

3 comments:

  1. hello,my name is lina,come from china,i want to make friends with you,my email linayanshi@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lina,

    I sent you an e-mail confirming that I would also like to be friends with you. Many years ago, when I was a teenager I had pen pals. Although most of my pen pals were in the United States some were overseas like Germany and Japan.

    You can answer my e-mail and tell me something about yourself.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd watch out for young girls seeming interested - they probably haven't done their research...

    ReplyDelete