Saturday, October 03, 2009

I Want a Cat



Tonight I met a cat that I fell in love with. Unfortunately he belongs to another.




His name is Matt. He is a six year old big, fat, lazy, orange, male tabby cat.



Matt belongs to my friend Dan. Or more accurately, I should say that Dan belongs to Matt.



I knew it was love at first sight when I saw Matt curled up on a comfy cushion when I entered my friend Dan's house tonight. Matt paid me not attention but I couldn't take my eyes off of him.



Boldly, I strode over to Matt and gave him one very loving stroke from his head to his tail.



Matt raised his head slightly issued a sound like "huh?"



Once he saw that I wasn't Dan, he curled back into his fetal position.



Dan, Bob and I gathered around the couch to hash out the issues of the day, Matt moved from the cushion to Dan's lap, paying me no heed at all even though my eyes were boring a hole through him.



Later, Matt moved to the back of the couch where we were sitting. I said some endearing words to him, hoping to win over his heart. And this is what I received in return. He gave me a look that said "please go away."



Matt, I will go away now but I know that someday, someday I will have a kitty cat just like you Matt.



Sweet dreams my feline friend.



1 comment:

  1. Everybody - I know where to get cats. That's not the problem. The problem is that my partner doesn't like cats. It is either him or the cats. As long as we're together I'll have to live my life vicariously through other people's cats. But they (the cats) know it is not the same. I do too.

    ReplyDelete