Thursday, September 03, 2009

Sour Cream Apple Pie




With the cooler temperatures I can start using my oven again. Hallelujah! Below is my adapted recipe from Cooks.com for sour cream apple pie. I use Granny Smith apples but you can use any apple that you like. Enjoy!




SOUR CREAM APPLE PIE



9 inch unbaked pie shell

1 egg

1 cup sugar

1 cup sour cream

2 tablespoons flour

1 teaspoon vanilla

1/4 teaspoon salt

6 cups thinly sliced apples



TOPPING



1/2 cup dark brown sugar

1/3 cup all purpose flour

1/4 cup salted butter



Bake pie crust at 350 degrees for 7 minutes (partially baked.)



Beat the egg slightly; add sugar, sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt. Mix well. Add sliced apples; mix and put into pie shell.



Bake 30 minutes or until apples are tender. Meanwhile, make the topping. Mix brown sugar and flour. Cut in the butter (make sure it's cold). Sprinkle on pie. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and bake 15 minutes longer or until topping is nice and browned to your liking.



Take out of oven and cool. Eat while warm or cold. It tastes great warm with vanilla ice cream!

4 comments:

  1. Anonymous11:56 AM

    Ron,

    Sounds and looks delicious. I don't want the recipe,as you know I don't bake let alone cook that much. If you have an extra piece, I woouldn't mind tasting.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. If this is my neighbor Barbara, I'll take you a piece over later today. If this is my sister-in-law Barbara, I’ll send you a piece in the mail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I look at that pie I gain a puond. Yum Yum

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mike,

    I'm eating the last piece tonight. Bill at half of the pie today! It is soooo good. I'll have to make another tomorrow. Use the Granny Smith apples for the right balance of tartness and sweetness. Scrumptious!

    Ron

    ReplyDelete