Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Black and White Photos

Remember when the only pictures your could take were black and white? This was back in the Fifties when I first started to take pictures. Then color photography arrived on the scene. It didn't take too long before almost all amateur photographers took color pictures. Unless you were Annie Leibovitz, most didn't realize the dramatic effect and beauty of black and white photos.



On this rainy Wednesday afternoon I was looking through some old photo albums and I came across one with black and white photos. I don't remember where I got the black and white film but here are some of the photos that I took of myself. The date was 1981 (almost 30 years ago, hard to believe) at my previous home in Pennsylvania. Nice beard.

7 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great smile...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ron,

    Black & White can put a whole different aspect to aphoto, I put some B&W's I took up on Facebook

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron,

    By the way, Annie Leibovitz is in serious financial trouble, like in debt for $26 million. She did a really dumb thing. She put the rights to her photos up as collateral. Not only all she took in the past, but any she takes in the future. xShe didn't really need that money. This was the eyes being bigger than the wallet.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're right about Black & White putting a whole different aspect to a photo. I like black and white photos. This morning I finally started on my big project of scanning the rest of my photos on my computer. I hope to have this job finished by next spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lar,

    There's more to the Annie Leibovitz story than her just grabbing for money. Her longtime partner died and left her a lot of real estate property. Because they were not legally married she owed a lot of money in inheritance taxes. If they were legally married she wouldn't owe anything in taxes. That is why we same sex couple want to get married, economics. Makes sense to me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cajun,

    I find it difficult to smile when posing for a picture. It doesn't come naturally to me. I'm working on it though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous10:56 PM

    I just love b&w photographs. There is so much more depth to them. I can remember the box Brownie camera my aunt had which is now in my possession. I also have many pictures of myself & my sisters taken in those machines at OC. There again, there's just something about those pics that I can't put it into words.

    You should have been an actor Ron. You just have that look poised look about you.

    Fran

    ReplyDelete