Wednesday, September 02, 2009

A Beautiful Day in Delaware

This is two of an absolutely beautiful day in Delaware. The air is crisp, the humidity is low and the breeze is gentle. Most of all the temperature is perfect at 70 degrees. It just doesn't get much better than this.

The impatients that line our walkway come up from the seeds spread by the previous year's impatient plants. Nature chooses the color. The red salvia in the back also came up by themselves, from seeds of previous years. I love impatients because they always stay neat and last the whole season until the first frost. When the first frost hits, they're gone. They look like the Wicked Witch of the West after she melted. But until that day of demise, they are glorious and we are enjoying them.

The question is now, why am I sitting at this computer when I could be outside enjoying this wonderful day. I'm gone!

6 comments:

  1. Ron,

    Actually, you walking along the path with that wind whipping in the background and those wind chimes clanging ominously I expected a slasher in a hockey mask to suddenly burst through your front door and cut you down with a scythe.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lar,

    I knew you should of been a screen writer! You missed your calling.

    Ron

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous5:05 PM

    Ron, your impatients are just beautiful! We line 2 sides of our house with red & white. This year has been wonderful for them & us because of the rain. We replant every year though. Maybe we are in too big of a hurry to get the landscaping done each spring as we had no idea they would reseed like yours. I'll show this video to my husband & encourage him to be patient next spring. We are impatient with the impatients...lol!

    The weather is beautiful, enjoy!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran,

    I didn't plant one of those impatients this year. Three years ago is the first time I planted them. Every year since then they have reseeded themselves. What I do is plant winter pansies. The first sign of decent weather the pansies bloom. The bulbs come up after that. Then I plant annuals. The impatients eventually take over in the middle of July. Then you have color until the first frost. Give it a try next year. I don't think you will be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We bet you have the most beautiful house on the street. The flowers are so nice.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mike,

    There are quiet a few nice houses in our development of Covington Chase. However, we are the only one that is ablaze in flowers. I make it a point to cover every spare space with color. It drives my neighbor Barbara nuts.

    There is another neighbor a few houses up Whitehall Drive who is serious competition but I think I win because she has artificial flowers in a hanging basket on her porch. Everything I have is real. Everything.

    ReplyDelete