Friday, July 10, 2009

Irrigation System at Work

Sometimes Mother Nature needs a little help. This is my irrigation system at the end of day helping to keep my lawn from turning brown.

The past several days have been picture perfect summer days, so much so that I haven't had time to sit at my computer and compose a thoughtful blog posting.

I'm taking advantage of this wonderful weather by working, playing and exercising outside as often as I can. I do my cooking in the morning (this morning broccoli casserole and orange cake) and the rest of the day I'm outside.

Guests at the hotel where I work often ask me how I like living in Delaware. I tell them the same thing everytime, "It's like a permanent vacation. I love it, love it, love it!"

Today was no exception. Soon the cold winds will blow across this tiny peninsula and I'll be holed up inside my cozy little home. Even then I love living here on the eastern shore of Delaware. I've worked and waited all my life for this time and it is here now and I am enjoying every moment. For me it doesn't get any better than this.

2 comments:

  1. In the summer in LA that's what we call rain. No help from nature until Oct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No rain until October? That is rough. We're going through a mini-dry spell here after a very wet spring. Thank goodness we're near the ocean that we can have this irrigation system.

    ReplyDelete