Saturday, July 04, 2009

Fourth of July 2009




A happy Fourth of July to everyone today! Today is one of those wonderful, sunny, breezy summer days that we all wish for on the Fourth. Today was not a disappointment. Unfortunately for me, I have to go into work shortly. I don't mind working as much as I mind fighting the summer Saturday traffic which is multiplied by the Fourth occurring on a Saturday.


Bill is taking me to work because I know there will be no parking for my car in Lewes this afternoon. He stay up late tonight and pick me up at the hotel after my shift ends at 11 pm. This is a real sacrifice for him since he usually goes to bed at 8 o'clock at night. Bill doesn't mind going out of his way for me nor do I mind going above and beyond the call of duty when necessary.


Today as we reflect what the Fourth of July celebrates I am every thankful for the freedoms that we have in this country, imperfect as it is. One day Bill and I will have the same rights and freedoms as our straight fellow countrymen. I can for see that day coming in my lifetime. But until that day comes, I rejoice in the freedoms we do have now. We are indeed fortunate to be living in this wonderful country, the United States of America.

No comments:

Post a Comment