Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Fifty Years







Fifty years sounds like a long time and it is. This year the Downingtown High School Class of 2009 invited me along with my classmates of the DHS Class of 1959 to attend their graduation ceremonies as special guests celebrating our fiftieth anniversary. I thought "Why not?" I took them up on the invitation and had a wonderful time. I didn't want to miss this event because there is only one fiftieth anniversary. As we were getting ready to enter the same field where I graduated fifty years ago, I noticed that I was standing in just about the same spot as I was fifty years ago this June when I graduated. I asked my friend Pat to take my picture. The two pictures you see on this blog are first of me when I graduated June 2nd, 1959. The second picture is of me as I was preparing to enter the football field on June 16th, 2009. Not much change eh? Well, perhaps a little bit. All I can say, that was a fast fifty years. The old boy did some serious living and he isn't done yet.

4 comments:

  1. Classy, no pun intended.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's interesting is that I weigh the same (160) but the weight has shifted around a bit. I've also lost an inch of height (was 6'4" now 6'3".) I'm shrinking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And fifty years ago people made us wear those silly caps and fifty years later they put us in silly sashes. Well, I guess there's no stopping progress. :)

    Just kidding around. Actually, you haven't changed much.

    Lar

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much my good friend Lar! Your kind and generous compliment does this old man's heart good. However, I am slipping. My ears are now spouting the occasional overnight wild long hair, aches and pains when I roll out of bed in the morning, and gradually losing all my teeth. I now require a daily nap in order to stay up past 8 pm at night. Ah yes, I am sliding down the slippery slope of Old Age. No complaints from this quarter though, I've had a good run.

    ReplyDelete