Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Leaving for Pennsylvania




The sun is out, the temperature is up. A perfect day to leave for Pennsylvania to visit my Mom and see friends. I'm only going to be gone for two days (returning on Friday) but looking at everything I'm taking with me one would think I was leaving for a month. I can't help it. I have to have all the bases covered. I don't travel light.


Today I take my Mom to run some errands. I give my brother Isaac a break. This evening I'm having dinner with three widowed classmates of mine at 6 PM. Roast pork is on the menu. Yum! After dinner we retreat to the Brickside Grille for Trivia Night. It's been a long time since I went to Trivia Night at the Brickside. I'm looking forward to a pleasant evening with friends.


Tomorrow my former boss at Downingtown National Bank pays a house call to Mom to collect information from her to do her taxes. I'm looking forward to seeing him. Also, I hope to squeeze a lunch in with another longtime school chum.


On the way back to Delaware on Friday I will stop in to see my cousin Elsie and return her dad's obituary and family picture that I borrowed to copy for my genealogy records. All in all, a busy two days planned.


I think my cell phone battery is charged and I'm ready to get out of here!


4 comments:

  1. Good for you. Have a safe trip and a great time unwinding with old friends. You need and deserve it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm here in PA at my Mom's now. The trip up yesterday was the trip from hell. The bridge right before Newark was CLOSED! How in the hell was I going to get up to PA? I had to backtrack and go up Rt. 70 and through the center of Newark at noontime just when all the college students are clogging the streets. It's a wonder I didn't run over somebody.

    Then I stopped at a relative (re genealogy research) and couldn't find her sister. I'm riding all over mushroom country looking for her double-wide. Another blog posting!

    Last night was wonderful. We almost won Trivia Night (short by one.) I had dinner with FOUR widows (former classmates save one.) A good night. I will have to do this again.

    It's good to get away. Now I have to figure out a way to get back without going down I-95.

    Later gator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous9:57 AM

    Hi Ron,

    I was hoping you were having a good time, as the Cajun said, "you need & deserve it." Sorry about the traffic problems but that seems to be the norm today. Newark is a nighmare with all the college traffic. I've been thru there on my way to Lancaster many times. The sun is still shining here in DE but the wind is blowing like crazy. Take care & be safe!

    Fran

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fran,

    So far, so good. I just came back from lunch with a longtime friend. Last night I had dinner with the "four widows" and a son. This morning I took my Mother shopping. Tomorrow is lunch with friends again at one of my favorite restaurants, the Brickside Grille. What I like about Pennsylvania is that everything is so close together. More restaurants, bigger super markets with more of a selection (we shopped at Wegmans this morning) and more of everything. Now if Pennsylvania could just get away from the high taxes.

    You're right about Newark being a nighmare with the college traffic. It was awful yesterday, with the students spilling over into the streets. That is one reason I've decided to return this Sunday instead of tomorrow. Hopefully the traffic won't be as heavy. I need a stress free trip back.

    High winds here today also. This is what we have almost all the time at our home in Delaware.

    I'm glad I made the trip. It's good to get a different perspective on things.

    ReplyDelete