Saturday, March 22, 2014

Good Morning!




Well folks, I think I'm back on the track now after that blip of last week.  What was THAT all about?  

Let's just say that Ron got a bit off the tracks.  I thought I was fine tuning the readership of my blog so as to not antagonize and upset mainly some members of my family (not that I have that many left, my Mom and dad are both gone, I only have the brothers and one sister-in-law to contend with).  My blog is back up to where it was before, open to all including those who don't particularly like me, which I don't understand because I am a nice guy, I really am and shame on anyone who doesn't see that.



I may run off at the mouth but I'm really a nice guy

So from here on out I'll concentrate on the positive and leave the negative rants behind. 

Today I posted a short video of my friend Pat visiting his lot outside of Milton.  Pat's got a beautiful wooded lot.  Can't wait to see what kind of unique house he's going to build on it.  Pat has such a unique sense of style and taste.  I am sure his house (or "hoose" as he says) will be a fabulous addition to his new neighborhood.  


Pat meets his new neighbors

A medical update (that I'm burying deep in this blog posting).  Yesterday I had my annual checkup with my cardiologist.  I still have that extra heart beat which is affecting the pumping of blood to my heart.  My doctor thinks that why I fatigue so easily and take those long afternoon naps that I've been taken.  I have been lightheaded (sort of like a series of mini-highs that last a second or two).  He also thinks that's the extra heartbeat. He says this isn't uncommon with someone of my age (there we go with the "age" thing again).  He's also concerned that I might have sleep apnea.  He is going to schedule me for a sleep test.  He's already scheduled me for a stress test.  Oh fun.  This is life in the Old Age Lane folks.  At least it beats the alternative.


Cardiovascular Institute of Delaware

10 comments:

  1. I hope Pat's builder doesn't cut down all those trees on his lot like a lot of builders do. Sometimes new homes stick out like sore thumbs in treeless wastelands that were once indigenous forest land for the animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stan,

      Pat intends to keep as many trees as he can on his lot. Unfortunately his new neighbor adjoining his to the west is building his house now and DID cut down almost all the trees on his lot much to the sadness of his neighbors. Pat's neighbors have expressed a concern that Pat leave some trees and were very relieved when Pat said he was going to build his how with minimal tree impact. He likes the wooded lot and doesn't want to have a lot of grass to mow. Pat is a minimalist. When I had our house built in Pennsylvania back in 1980 I had to battle with my builder to leave trees in. I won most but not all of those battles. Unfortunately the new owner of the property has now taken out most of those trees. The place doesn't look the same. Very sad.
      Ron

      Delete
  2. JeffinChicago1:51 PM

    ...and that's what I love about your blog. After any dark "Ron rainstorm", your sunny side returns - brighter and stronger than before. Besides, where else can we read about death one day and mulching in the next post? (Those postings really did follow one another...) Whatever the topic, you always find a way to make it interesting. Don't let the internet idiots bully you into anything else - keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ron

    My agent says I should be getting twice as much for those videos. lol That was one beautiful day!! And a beautiful lot with plenty of trees.

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat,
      I just checked with the board of directors of this blog. They approved an increase in your video appearance fees. Your increase will show in the next payment posted to your account.
      Thanks!
      Ron

      Delete
  4. Your the best, Ron!!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're worth it Pat!

      Delete
  5. can't wait to see the "hoose" design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pat, I understand you like minimalism (is that a word? Spell checker seems to think so.) and that you live in a very compact house now in Toronto. My question is this: are there building restrictions on your lot such as a MINIMUM number of square feet in the house you build? Also, is there a neighborhood homeowners association where you are building that could give you grief later on? I certainly hope not, but I think you should be looking into these questions.

    ReplyDelete