Monday, March 17, 2014

Bloggerpalooza - Comedy Hypnosis

This year at the Bloggerpalooza I was able to secure the services of Marshall Manlove, Comedy Hypnotist. 

After the distribution of the "prizes", and the buffet dinner; I introduced Marshall to the twenty of so attendees.  Marshall asked us all to stand up. He then began a series of "tests" to determine who was hypnotizable (that a word?) and who wasn't.  I've never been able to be hypnotized but I was willing to "go under."  Pat, my friend from Toronto, was also willing to "go under."  Wouldn't you know it, only Pat and I didn't pass. Pat did drop to the floor when Marshall said we were getting very heavy but not me.  Old thickheaded me.  You see the empty chair, that was where I sat and was sent back to the audience.

However, Randy from Nebraska, Tim, Fred (of Mark H. "Our Simple Lives"), Slug Mama and Jay of VA all went under.  Here is the first segment of that session.  Enjoy!

Marshall (left foreground with crew cut) and his audience at the Parkview Room at The Inn At Canal Square

11 comments:

  1. That was so much fun!!!! Frippleyakkk!!!
    Problem is, how do you top that next year? Chippendales?

    Peace <3
    Jay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jay,
      This year's Bloggerpalooza will be hard to top. I don't want to even think about it now. I'm exhausted…..and I didn't even have to drive like you guys did.
      Ron

      Delete
    2. I get that 100%!!! Check out my post, and anne marie's response! I think I see a planning ally there!
      Jay

      Delete
    3. Go for it Jay. I can't wait to see what you and Anne Marie plan next year in Philly!

      Delete
    4. Oh I was referring to Anne Marie!
      Jay

      Delete
  2. Love what you did with the hypnotist, Fred trying to get warm, same as Anne Marie and at the end of the line someone is just sleeping the day away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter,
      That someone at the end of the line just sleeping away was my friend Pat. Poor Pat, when the hypnotist said he was getting heavy, that suggestion just pulled Pat to the floor. Knocked off his glasses too. Eventually he was sent back to the audience.
      Ron

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Nadege,
      I have a longer one to post which is also very funny. I'll post it later in the week.
      Ron

      Delete
  4. I watched this before I read what you written - and had thought it looked like Pat's unresponsiveness had been due to too much imbibing beforehand. Now all is clear.
    I was a bit relieved that M.M. hadn't stood before each in turn, inviting them to stroke the 'elephant's trunk'.

    And you're suggesting that the next segment tops this? Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ray,
      Pat doesn't drink. He's also a strict vegan. He told me he was unusually responsive to the hypnotist's suggestion that he was feeling "very heavy."
      Ron

      Delete